All new members are most welcome!
eGroups is an integrated system designed around email where groups can easily disseminate information, debate issues, chat online, trade documents, etc. Members can participate either via standard e-mail or by using the eGroups.com Web interface without having to download any software, anyone can participate. Users can manage their subscriptions through a simple Web interface. Members have an easy time finding, reading, replying, and sorting messages, as well as controlling their membership in the group. Your eGroup's messages, calendar, document vault, and more are available on the web at:
Membership to the International Yoshinkan e-Group is open to anyone interested in the Yoshinkan style of aikido world-wide. The group is virtually umoderated and flaming is common place but thats what makes this e-Group an interesting forum to belong to. Not recommended for the faint-hearted but anyone is welcome to subscribe!!
This e-Group's email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sending an email message to this address will allow users to distribute the posting to all eGroup members by email and on the eGroups.com site.
How to subscribe:
There are three ways to subscribe to this group: via e-mail, via the web on the group's home page or by using the interface box.
To subscribe via e-mail:
Send an e-mail to: email@example.com
To subscribe via the group's home page:
- Go to the group home page http://groups.yahoo.com/group/yoshinkan/
- Click on the "Join" button, and then follow the instructions to complete subscription. You can choose to receive messages via e-mail (in individual or daily digest format) or only by accessing them via the web on the group's home page.
To subscribe via the interface:
- You can use the interface below by entering your email address and clicking on the "subscribe" button.
The eGroup membership policy is set to require moderator approval for new members.
How to Unsubscribe
There are two ways to unsubscribe from a group: via e-mail or using the Web site. There are also ways to remain a member but reduce or eliminate the group e-mail.
To unsubscribe via e-mail:
Send an empty e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure your e-mail program is adjusted to send mail from the address you want unsubscribed. If you are not sure what address you are subscribed as, you will find the address used to reach you in the "Return-Path" header of the message you received.
To unsubscribe via the Web:
- go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/yoshinkan/
- click on my space
- click on the name of the group.
- click on the "modify subscription" button.
- click on the "unsubscribe" button.
- Alternatively you may wish to remain a member of the eGroup, but cut down on the volume of e-mail that you may be receiving. In the "Delivery Mode" drop-down box, you can select "Receive daily summaries" or "Receive daily full-text digest" to receive periodic digests via e-mail. Select "Read it on the Web only" to remain subscribed to the group and view messages on the group's home page but not receive e-mail from the group.
For More Information
If you have questions, please consult "Frequently Asked Questions" at http://help.yahoo.com/help/groups
So....what are you waiting for? Go for it!